Hawk Security works to keep your Texas home safe in many ways. One way that’s essential to your family’s health and safety is Monitored Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is completely undetectable without an alarm. It is colorless, tasteless, odorless, and poisonous. This means having proper detection devices in your home should be of the utmost importance.
The benefits of monitored carbon monoxide detectors include:
- Monitored carbon monoxide detectors provide the earliest warning signs of carbon monoxide levels increasing in your home. The noise set off by the alarm is loud enough to be heard across your entire home, leaving plenty of time for you and your family to get out.
- The carbon monoxide alarm is one of the best indications that one of your appliances is working incorrectly. Any heat producing appliance produces CO gas. Common devices include fuel fired furnaces, gas water heaters, fireplaces and wood stoves, gas stoves, gas dryers, lawnmowers or snowblowers, and automobiles.
- A monitoring system sounds an alarm before anyone in your home suffers from the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. If any of the members of your household experience symptoms including headaches, dizziness, or nausea, it is important to see a medical physician immediately as these are the first signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. For more information on Carbon Monoxide poisoning go to About Carbon Monoxide.
- Carbon Monoxide detector systems are designed to be stable with changing temperatures and humidity, avoiding false alarms and responding only to carbon monoxide and no other household gases.
- A central monitoring system will alert you of a problem in your home even when you’re not there or when the security alarm is not activated. The system will contact you and ensure that everything is safe and will contact first responders immediately.
- A monitoring system provides safety to those who cannot respond to an alarm themselves. This includes the elderly, disabled, children, pets, and anyone already experiencing the effects of CO poisoning.
Firefighters recommend placing one monitored smoke and carbon monoxide detector in every room in your home. A monitored carbon monoxide detector provides many benefits to keep your home safe. It is important to have a system that can alert you of a carbon monoxide leak before any damage is done to your home or to your family. If the alarm ever sounds on the CO detector, make sure to open all the windows and doorways so that fresh air can circulate through your home, exit the house, and contact someone immediately. Contact Hawk Security for more information on monitored carbon monoxide detectors.