Pokémon Go is a worldwide phenomenon, but this addicting and interactive game can also be a safety hazard. The Huffington Post as well as the Las Vegas Review Journal have both released advice for Pokémon Go safety tips due to its enormous popularity. These safety tips will help you ensure a fun experience while attempting to catch them all!
- Make an effort to protect your personal information while playing the game. The app requests access to your Gmail profile when beginning the game. It is recommended to use a separate Google profile in order to login.
- Always bring a buddy with you while searching for Pokémon. Having at least one or more people with you while searching will allow you to always have a look out and stay protected while playing.
- Stay away from private property. It is important to remember that you still need to abide by all laws while playing the game, otherwise you could be putting yourself in unnecessary danger.
- Set limits on your child’s game play so that they are not fully consumed with the game. Ask them to periodically check in with you, especially if they are out walking while searching for Pokémon.
- Do not operate a vehicle while attempting to play Pokémon Go. All traffic rules apply and it is extremely dangerous to drive and use your phone.
- Trust your instincts when you think someone you are playing with is acting suspicious. Even though you have a mutual interest in the game, intentions may differ. Make sure to keep possessions secured on your body while playing and interacting with people in large crowds.
- Don’t travel to any destinations you are unfamiliar with, especially at night. Safewise.com gives great advice for scoping out your Poke stop before you decide to travel there.
- Always make sure to take in your surroundings while playing the game. Take notice of the people who are around you as well.
- Have a plan ready in case of an emergency. If confrontation is unavoidable then try to remain calm and cooperative. Make sure to always protect your wellbeing at any cost of your possessions.
Remember to always use common sense while playing Pokémon Go. Even though it would be awesome to catch them all, it is important to not put yourself in danger while attempting to play this or other mobile applications. Remember to always remain audibly and visually aware of your surroundings. Positive Parenting Solutions also recommends that all children be accompanied by an adult while attempting to play Pokémon Go. For more personal safety tips, read the Hawk home security blog.