Statistics show that eight hundred and fifty water main breaks are reported every day within the United States of America and not all common household insurance plans come with flood insurance. Additionally, it only takes twenty four hours for mold to begin growing after a flood has occurred, which unfortunately adds to the extreme costs of flood damage. Flood monitoring and flood alarms are a great way that you can prevent a major flood disaster from happening inside of your home.
Hawk Security provides real-time leak detection alerts with your home security system. They can send you flood alerts via text message or via phone call as soon as a flood or possible flood has been detected in your house. You can even shut off the flow of water throughout the house to prevent more damage from being done.
How Flood Alarm Monitoring Works:
- Water sensors are installed near water appliances such as your hot water heater and your washing machine.
- A flood alarm signal is sent to the home security alarm panel as soon as a water leak is detected in your home.
- When the home security alarm panel receives the flood alarm signal, you will be contacted on your phone by call or by text message, alerting you of the situation.
Other Flood Tips:
- Ensure that you have flood insurance included with your home insurance.
- Regularly check and maintain your water pipes, water heater, plumbing, and home foundation.
- Work on protecting the exterior of your home from water damage by sealing the perimeter of your home with waterproof materials.
Protect your home before a flood disaster occurs so that you can avoid the high costs that will surely ensue. Install a flood monitoring system from Hawk Security so you’ll know as soon as a flood occurs.